[Ovirt-devel] Problems with autotest on Fedora...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 16:46:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:26:00AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Not sure what the physical setup of this box is but I noticed that fedora
> sees the nics in a different order then RHEL.

In this case, I think NIC ordering's not a factor: I can see in
virt-viewer that the VM has connected to the instance of dnsmasq and has
both been assigned an IP address via dhcp and has started downloading
the node image. However, it only gets to a point then I can't tell if
it's still downloading but not updating the viewer or if it's stopped
entirely.

The node XML follows:

<domain type='kvm'>
<name>stateless-pxe</name>
<memory>524288</memory>
 <vcpu>1</vcpu>
<os>
<type arch='i386' machine='pc'>hvm</type>
<boot dev='network' />
</os>
<features>
<acpi />
<pae /></features>
<clock offset='utc' />
<on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
<on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
<on_crash>restart</on_crash>
<devices>
<emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-kvm</emulator>
<disk type='file' device='disk'>
<source file='/tmp/tmp.zHNKQJEcCv/ovirt-harddisk.img' />
<target dev='vda' bus='virtio' />
</disk>
<interface type='network'>
<source network='testbr4981' />
</interface>
<serial type='pty' />
<console type='pty' />
<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' keyman='en-us' />
</devices>
</domain>

And the configuration for my pxeboot is:

DEFAULT pxeboot
TIMEOUT 20
PROMPT 0
LABEL pxeboot
	KERNEL vmlinuz0
	APPEND rootflags=loop initrd=initrd0.img
root=/ovirt-node-image.iso rootfstype=auto ro liveimg console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8 rhgb  check rootfstype=iso9660
ONERROR LOCALBOOT 0

I trimmed off extra args (such as ovirt_standalone) to try and eliminate
them as problems for booting.

Virtual Machine Management - http://www.ovirt.org/
Is fearr Gaeilge bhriste ná Béarla cliste.