[Ovirt-devel] ovirt - web gui

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 18:41:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 16:59 +0200, Ingmar Schraub wrote:
> Note: the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ovirt-server.conf file which comes with the
> rpm is wrong. The httpd daemon does not start at all. I have attached it
> to this e-mail, that you can have a look.
>
> I 'fixed' (better hacked) it by making the following changes:
> NameVirtualHost :80  -> NameVirtualHost _default:80
> <VirtualHost :80>  -> <VirtualHost _default:80>
> NameVirtualHost :443  -> NameVirtualHost _default_:443
> <VirtualHost :443> -> <VirtualHost _default_:443>
>
> With these changes, httpd starts and I have plain http, can login in and
> see the dashboard.
>
> If I replace _default_ with 192.168.50.2, I get re-directed to https,
> but then after login in, the browser tells me "Redirect Loop
> Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
> address in a way that will never complete."

I encountered that yesterday, too; if you only have one NIC on your
ovirt server (and that should certainly be supported), the httpd config
tells Apache to rewrite http: requests to https:, and the :443 vhost
wants to ProxyPass back to http:

Should be easy to fix, though I am not sure how since I don't know what
lead to the initial overt-server.conf.

David