[Ovirt-devel] yum update broke ovirt

Arjun Roy arroy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 14:35:54 UTC 2009

On 07/31/2009 04:18 AM, Justin Clacherty wrote:
> I'm still having issues with this problem and things are starting to get quite frustrating.  I've spent the last two days installing and reinstalling the management server (even tried getting next to work).  I've currently got a clean install of F10 in a vm and a fresh install of ovirt from the ovirt repository.  This installation is experiencing the exact same problem that caused me to try a reinstall, it's as if one of the updates to fedora has killed it (I think there was a qmf and a qpid update).
>
> Here's what happens:
> - management server is running
> - node boots
> - node details appear in /var/log/ovirt-server/host-browser.log
> - node appears in GUI but appears as "unavailable (enabled)"
> - running "ruby /usr/share/ovirt-server/qmf-libvirt-example.rb" yeilds no results
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  I would appreciate it if someone could help me to debug the problem?
>
> I've put the output of the ruby script, taskomatic.log, and host-browser.log below in case it's of use.

The rpm packages on the ovirt site right now I believe are somewhat out
of date. You would need to build the latest version (on the git 'next'
tree) on Fedora 11 for things to work (I notice that your host-browser
log for example shows that you are using an older revision of ovirt).

Note that building on Fedora 10 will not work, since a couple of APIs
that ovirt uses changed between 10 and 11.

-Arjun