[Ovirt-devel] Thoughts

sylvain.desbureaux at orange-ftgroup.com sylvain.desbureaux at orange-ftgroup.com
Thu Aug 13 11:40:52 UTC 2009

Hi,
After using a little bit oVirt, here's my thoughts:
On the Network part :
*	In order to start the bridges, you have to reboot the node. It should be good to create the bridges "on the fly".
*	The VLAN configuration seems not to work (you can create it but it's impossible to assign it to an interface...). You can also assign this kind of interface on a opennet
On the VM part:
*	It would be very good if it was possible to duplicate a VM, especially because nfs mount seems not to function...
*	Does the live migration work? I've got two nodes and the VM starts on one or another without issues. But when I click on migrate, I can't choose another node
On the Host part:
*	I have some old nodes that I would like to destroy, is it possible?
*	When I disable an host, it would be good if the CPU and Mem count doesn't count its own CPUs and Mem
On the Storage part:
*	I can create NFS volume but I can't mount them in a VM, so no possibility to use LiveCDs...

But since last time I tested it, the product seems far better :-)

Regards,

 <<Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)>>
Sylvain Desbureaux
Recherche et Développement, Service aux entreprises
Ingénieur concepteur développeur de services réseaux pour les entreprises
tél. 02 96 05 13 80
sylvain.desbureaux at orange-ftgroup.com
 <<Picture (Device Independent Bitmap)>>