[Ovirt-devel] Thoughts (NFS and SELinux?)

sylvain.desbureaux at orange-ftgroup.com sylvain.desbureaux at orange-ftgroup.com
Fri Aug 14 08:08:31 UTC 2009

More specifically, NFS mount of an HD image seems to work but not the use of a cobbler image for a liveCD (and I checked the path for the cobbler image).
The NFS pool is mounted but I have after an "unable to find volume attached to pool" .
Looking at taskomatic.rb, it seems that I don't have the key of the volume (it's blank in the error and shouldn't I assume)

I've put an inspect to see what happens and here's what he retrieve for the volume:
#<NfsStorageVolume id: nil, path: nil, size: nil, storage_pool_id: nil, type: "NfsStorageVolume", lock_version: 0, lun: nil, filename: "ubuntu-9.04-server-amd64.iso", lv_name: nil, lv_owner_perms: nil, lv_group_perms: nil, lv_mode_perms: nil, lvm_pool_id: nil, state: "pending_setup", key: nil>

As you can see, there's no ID for the storage pool, nor key, but taskomatic manage to retrieve the good storage pool (mnt/nas/share/share) but not the key.

As an exemple, here's what we have when instead of using the cobbler image I use an NFS mount (on the same file) :
#<NfsStorageVolume id: 9, path: "/mnt/nas.open.net-_mnt_nas_share_share/ubuntu-9.04-...", size: 607244, storage_pool_id: 8, type: "NfsStorageVolume", lock_version: 0, lun: nil, filename: "ubuntu-9.04-server-amd64.iso", lv_name: nil, lv_owner_perms: nil, lv_group_perms: nil, lv_mode_perms: nil, lvm_pool_id: nil, state: "available", key: "/mnt/nas.open.net-_mnt_nas_share_share/ubuntu-9.04-...">

Any ideas/workaround to know how he find the good storage_pool but not the key?

I did also an inspect of the pool found, that's that:
#<NfsStoragePool id: nil, ip_addr: "nas.open.net", type: "NfsStoragePool", hardware_pool_id: nil, lock_version: 0, port: nil, target: nil, export_path: "/mnt/nas/share/share", vg_name: nil, state: "pending_setup", capacity: nil>

I've got a workaround (if the key is blank, then it's the path of the storage_pool + filename) to make it work but it's quite ugly:

In taskomatic.rb, line 218 :
	Instead of
		volume_key = db_volume.key
	put
		volume_key = db_volume.key unless db_volume.key.nil?
    		volume_key = '/mnt/' + libvirt_pool.remote_pool.name + '/' + db_volume.filename if db_volume.key.nil?

Thanks,

--
Sylvain Desbureaux
+33 296 051 380