[Ovirt-devel] How to connect to node (host, not vm) using kerberos ticket ?

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 14:59:39 UTC 2009

Василец Дмитрий wrote:
> Hello
> How to connect to node (host, not vm) using kerberos ticket, from
> managment node ?

If you are ssh'd into the Appliance you can run kinit ovirtadmin with
password 'ovirt'.

Then to connect to remote Node via libvirt you would use

virsh -c qemu+tcp://<node hostname>/system

This will connect to libvirt using the kerberos ticket.

However, this functionality is not for use in production and will probably
go away once we convert fully to qpid messaging protocol for communication
between the server and the Node.

The right way to interact with Nodes is through the oVirt Server UI or
through the oVirt API/CLI that David Lutterkort has been working on.  We
don't really support connecting directly to libvirt as I describe above
when the Node is running managed by an oVirt Server.

(In standalone mode when no oVirt Server is being used we do support
connecting directly to libvirt, but in this case we use digest-md5 auth
since no Kerberos server is available)

Perry