[Ovirt-devel] "Call to function virStoragePoolDefineXML failed" error when trying to boot ISO

Mike Butler butlerm1977 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:32:22 UTC 2009

I copied two ISO files into the /cobblernfs directory...

CentOS-5.2-i386-netinstall.iso
win2003ent.iso

After copy I ran as root:

cobbler image add --name=CentOS-5.2 --file=/cobblernfs/CentOS-5.2-i386-netinstall.iso --image-type=iso
cobbler image add --name=Windows_Server_2003 --file=/cobblernfs/win2003ent.iso --image-type=iso

In the web gui i can now see the new additions in the drop down for "Operating System", but when I turn the VM on I never get the ability to click over to the Console viewer.  After a few seconds it powers itself back off.  In tasks I get the following...

Action: start_vm
State: failed
User: ovirtadmin
Message: Call to function virStoragePoolDefineXML failed

Any ideas on how to get it to properly boot to one of those ISOs?  I also tried a "cobbler sync" no workie.  Side question....  how can I remove a cobbler entry after it's been added to the drop down list?

Thanks,
MikeB