[Ovirt-devel] storage provisioning problems

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 18:57:17 UTC 2009

On Friday, January 23 2009, David Lutterkort said:
> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 10:29 -0600, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
> > I've been trying to deploy ovirt on a multi-node cluster for the past
> > couple releases and always hit the same sticking point.
> > Everything seems to come up fine, including the other nodes, but when
> > I try to connect to an iSCSI server, the server gets stuck in
> > pending_setup.
>
> You need to have a node in the same hardware pool turned on (i.e.,
> listed as available and enabled) - if that's the case, and the pool
> still stays in pending_setup, check the logs, both on the node and on
> the server (in /var/log/ovirt-server/*)

With the install I did earlier in the week, I had to install qemu in the
appliance[1] as libvirt was looking for it for something... decided I'd
get a newer build running and haven't yet gotten back to where I can
investigate that yet, though :-)

Jeremy

[1] Might have also needed for the node.  My week is all kinds of
blurring together at this point.