[Ovirt-devel] poweroff in vm causes the host to become unavailable

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Thu Jul 9 00:50:15 UTC 2009

If  I ssh to a vm running Centos and then execute "poweroff" from within
the vm, the vm shuts down as expected but the host in the admin ui
becomes unavailable.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I haven't
checked to see if other guest OS's do the same thing yet.

The painful thing is that then I have to shutdown all the VMs and reboot
both the host and the management server in order to be able to manage
the system again.  I'm also still having problems with storage not
working.  On reboot if I start a VM that was working it complains that
it can't find the storage.  The only way I've been able to fix this is
to delete all the VMs, delete all the attached storage then add the
storage and VM again, a little painful.

Cheers,
Justin.