[Ovirt-devel] poweroff in vm causes the host to become unavailable

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Thu Jul 9 02:23:52 UTC 2009

Ian Main wrote:
>> I'm also still having problems with storage not
>> working.  On reboot if I start a VM that was working it complains that
>> it can't find the storage.  The only way I've been able to fix this is
>> to delete all the VMs, delete all the attached storage then add the
>> storage and VM again, a little painful.

Are you able to point me in some direction to debug this problem?  I
have 4 VMs set up all on separate iscsi partitions.  On restart I get
the following error in the task log.

Unable to find volume 8.0.0.0 attached to pool
192.168.50.37-iqn.2009-3.san0:services-3260.

Replace the 8.0.0.0 with whatever lun it's decided to call itself for
each of the VMs.  One of the VMs is on a LVM volume in one of the iscsi
partitions.  The rest just have the entire iscsi partition exported and
all partitioning is done in the VM.  The VM that is on the LVM partition
starts every time.  The other three have the error message above.  I'm
not sure if this is just coincidence.  The only way to get the other
three to start is to go through the above process which is a bit
tedious.  ie. delete all three VMs, delete all three storage servers.
Wait a bit, add the storage and VMs back one by one.

Cheers,
Justin.