[Ovirt-devel] Adding hosts to the hardware pool

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 19:25:42 UTC 2009

On 06/25/2009 03:00 PM, Laurent Monnoye wrote:
> > Looks like you're missing a few options on the append line, add them
> in like:
> > ro rootflags=loop text rootfstype=iso9660 root=/ovirt-node-image.iso
>
> I just added these parameters but with no success, same problem (I see
> them on the console, so they are indeed being picked up).
>
> On the server, where should ovirt-node-image.iso be located? Maybe
> that's my problem.
>
> Where are those parameters documented as part of the oVirt
> installation guide? Did I miss them in the doc?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated!!!
>
> L-
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Joey Boggs <jboggs at redhat.com
> <mailto:jboggs at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/25/2009 11:06 AM, Laurent Monnoye wrote:
>
>         LABEL sark4
>                kernel /images/ovirt4/vmlinuz0
>                MENU LABEL sark4
>                append initrd=/images/ovirt4/initrd0.img
>         ksdevice=bootif lang=  kssendmac text
>          ks=http://192.168.66.1/cblr/svc/op/ks/profile/sark4
>                ipappend 2
>

>     Looks like you're missing a few options on the append line, add
>     them in like:
>

>     ro rootflags=loop text rootfstype=iso9660 root=/ovirt-node-image.iso
>

>     LABEL sark4
>            kernel /images/ovirt4/vmlinuz0
>            MENU LABEL sark4
>            append initrd=/images/ovirt4/initrd0.img ksdevice=bootif
>     lang=  kssendmac text
>      ks=http://192.168.66.1/cblr/svc/op/ks/profile/sark4 ro
>     rootflags=loop text rootfstype=iso9660 root=/ovirt-node-image.iso
>            ipappend 2

ovirt-node-image.iso should be under /usr/share/ovirt-node-image but in
the pxe case it's actually embedded in the initrd0.img file.  Im
guessing some things are out of sync, I'd try running the cobbler-import
command which should setup a cobbler profile for you named
oVirt-Node-Image-$arch if that command fails capture the output for us.
If it succeeds verify if there are any files under
/usr/share/ovirt-node-image/tftpboot