[Ovirt-devel] New release?

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 15:30:31 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 05:03:29PM +0200, Arthur Clément wrote:
> I don't think ovirt is ready :
>
>  - Performance problems with ruby-qmf when there is a significant number of
> nodes and VMs. We (Linagora) will work on it ASAP.
>
> - Pending patches.

Okay, that's cool. Let me know when these issues are resolved.

> - ovirt-node-image is deprecated but what is the new way to build and install
> a pxe image ? "make ovirt-node-image.iso" is not sufficient to provide a
> pxe/diskless architecture, update cobbler...

The process should produce an ISO no different from what was previously
created. The only difference is that it's not packaged into an RPM for
delivery.

> - lack of documentation : I have to update the changelog, create wiki pages
> for vlan config.

The ChangeLog bits are definitely something I'd need in order to produce
the RPM. I want to put the changes into the RPM spec so people can see
what's new.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/