[Ovirt-devel] Build fails due to missing ovirt-node-recipe.ks

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish.com.au
Fri Jul 2 11:00:14 UTC 2010

On 07/02/2010 08:43 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

> git clone ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ovirt/node.git
> cd node
> git checkout -b next --track origin/next
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make rpms
>

> And it worked just fine. I have RPMs in my ~/rpmbuildsRPMS/{noarchs,x86_64}
> directories as expected. Can you verify that your environment has a Makefile in the
> node directory and that an error didn't happen after you ran ./configure, perhaps
> complaining about a missing package or library?

my git clone was per the wiki ie. "git clone -b next ..." no --track

 From the node directory "make rpms" works fine.  From the ovirt
directory it doesn't.  I'll yum remove everything, delete the ovirt
directory and try again using the wiki.  I think Alan is updating
node-image.git to remove references to ovirt-node-recipe.ks as it's no
longer supposed to be used so it might pay for me to wait until he's
checked that in.  Correct me if I'm wrong Alan.

BTW, it looks as though you've updated the wiki to do a make rpms from
the ovirt directory in the last stage, but the node build is still make
publish.  I'm guessing it should be make rpms as above.

Cheers,
Justin.