[Ovirt-devel] Build fails due to missing ovirt-node-recipe.ks

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish.com.au
Fri Jul 2 14:17:24 UTC 2010

On 07/02/2010 11:45 PM, Justin Clacherty wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 09:40 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to fix a few things there, yeah. :)
>
> I'm just starting from scratch using the new build instructions.  The
> instructions clone the node and server repositories, should I be
> switching to the next branch as well?

It appears I'm cursed :-)

Building/Installing from the updated build instructions all goes well up
to building the node iso.  Now, in building the node iso it says to
install ovirt-node-tools from the previous step, that works fine.  Then
go to node/recipe and run "make ovirt-node-image.iso".  This fails
complaining about missing kickstart files (see below).

However, the missing file (repos.ks) was installed to
/usr/share/ovirt-node-tools so I copied it from there and tried the
build.  It's runs a bit longer then fails because it is unable to find
the ovirt-node package that was built in the previous step.  Executing
"yum list ovirt-node" shows that the newly built package is in the
ovirt-local repository which is in the ovirt-cache directory pointed to
by the environment variable.

Justin.

[root at ovirt recipe]# pwd
/root/ovirt/node/recipe
[root at ovirt recipe]# ls
common-blacklist.ks      common-pkgs.ks           custom-template.ks
Makefile.in          version.ks
common-install.ks        common-post.ks           Makefile
node-creator
common-manifest-post.ks  common-post-nochroot.ks  Makefile.am
ovirt-node-image.ks

[root at ovirt recipe]# make ovirt-node-image.iso
( \
         echo "PRODUCT='"oVirt Node Hypervisor"'" ;\
         echo "PACKAGE=ovirt-node-image" ;\
         echo "VERSION=1.9.3" ;\
         echo "RELEASE=" ;\
     ) > version.ks
node-creator ovirt-node-image.ks
Failed to read kickstart file 'ovirt-node-image.ks' : The following
problem occurred on line 0 of the kickstart file:

Unable to open input kickstart file: Could not open/read
file:///root/ovirt/node/recipe/repos.ks

sed: can't read
/root/ovirt-cache/node-creator-x86_64-tmp/ovirt-node-image.ks.tmp: No
such file or directory
cat: /root/ovirt-cache/node-creator-x86_64-tmp/ovirt-node-image.ks.tmp:
No such file or directory
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/errors.py:40:
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of
Python 2.6
   return str(self.message)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 140, in <module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 114, in main
     creator = imgcreate.LiveImageCreator(ks, name, fs_label)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/live.py", line 47,
in __init__
     LoopImageCreator.__init__(self, *args)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line
800, in __init__
     ImageCreator.__init__(self, ks, name)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line
76, in __init__
     self.__sanity_check()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/imgcreate/creator.py", line
395, in __sanity_check
     raise CreatorError("No packages or groups specified")
imgcreate.errors.CreatorError: No packages or groups specified