[Ovirt-devel] Build fails due to missing ovirt-node-recipe.ks

Nicolas Ochem nicolas.ochem at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Jul 30 16:10:33 UTC 2010

I built and installed everything from next repo in fedora 13 minimal
following the build instructions in the website.
Here are the problems I encountered :

- to build the image, you need to add the local repository to
recipe/repos.ks
- the instructions to build the server rpm are missing from the website
- ace -d install ovirt has one error : package ovirt-node-image-pxe not
found
- I had to make the pxe images manually and add them to cobbler
- mongrel issue ( fixed patch 30/07/2010)
- the node boots in standalone mode instead of ovirt (fixed patch
30/07/2010)
- ovirt_agent.rb is broken (the daemon runs but initialization fails)

I did not encounter the bug with host_register and matahari (with the
latest version of matahari in the fedora 13 repo : 0.0.5-1)

2 questions :

- since ovirt-node-image is deprecated, is there still a way to build
ovirt-node-image and ovirt-node-image-pxe RPMs? It is useful to have
everything, including PXE, configured just by doing ace install ovirt.

- what is the purpose of ovirt_agent daemon ? I found that it is not
working but it does not impact anything AFAIK.