[Ovirt-devel] asynchronous calls to qmf methods

Nicolas Ochem nicolas.ochem at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:03:21 UTC 2011

Hi,
I'm currently trying to merge db-omatic, taskomatic and host-register into a
big EventMachine loop to solve some concurrency issues and be able to boot
many vms faster.

My problem is that each method call to libvirt blocks the loop for quite
long (sometimes 0.7 seconds) and qmf aparently has a way to do it
asynchronously but I have no idea how to do this with the qmf module for
ruby.

I found some instructions for python though :
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.8/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch02s03.html#QMFPythonConsoleTutorial-AsynchronousMethodCallsandMethodTimeouts

I tried result=domain.create(:async=>true) but it did not work, it's still
blocking until libvirt answers...

So how to call methods asynchronously ? More importantly, where do I get the
callbacks from ?
Thanks in advance