[Ovirt-devel] RFC: ovirt-node ISO

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 22:04:15 UTC 2011

As we prepare to push ovirt-node ISOs to ovirt.org while also working on
getting an ovirt-node spin into Fedora, there is some debate over
whether the version hosted on ovirt.org should use the minimizer
kickstart or not.

Main argument for including the minimizer kickstart:

Size.  We're currently looking at something around 130MB for the ISO
with minimizer and probably around double that without it (I don't have
one built currently without the minimizer so I don't have the actual
size).

Main argument for not using the minimizer:

Consistently with the fedora spin.  We can't use the minimizer in the
Fedora spins, so providing an ISO that matches the fedora spin would be
the same.

Any votes or preferences on which we want to host?

Mike