Re: [Ovirt-devel] oVirt updates

What are the use cases for ovirt-node without ovirt-server ?

Currently ovirt-server works in F13. Fedora is a too fast-moving target : last year it was hard to keep ovirt-server up with F12 and F13, and then most developers stopped trying.

What would be nice is to have ovirt running on RHEL6. Is it possible that you also maintain a RHEL6 branch of ovirt-node ? Then I could try and maintain ovirt-server there which should be much easier.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Mike Burns <mburns redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 16:53 +0200, Nicolas Ochem wrote:
> Hello Mike, great news !
>
> Are you going to test ovirt node 2.0 against ovirt server ?
>
> Will there be a new version of matahari in ovirt node 2.0 requiring
> changes on the server ?

Hi Nicholas,

We're building with whatever is in the current version of Fedora
(currently F15).  We made an attempt to get ovirt-server working as is
on F15 but due to changes in rails, we were not able to.

The plan going forward is to focus solely on ovirt-node.  If someone
adopts the ovirt-server project, then they would need to work with
members of the oVirt Node team to assist with getting the Node working
with the Server.

Mike