Re: AFS?

> Since I am not familiar with afs, for my benefit (and possibly
> others?) would you mind giving a short summary of the afs
> authentication procedure? [ I may be giving you the wrong advice! ].

AFS's authentication is based upon an early version of kerberos 4, so there
are many similarities.   The basic procedure for an afs login program, as near
as I can tell (I'll have to check up on this somewhat), is as follows:

 ka_UserAuthenticateGeneral( KA_USERAUTH_VERSION +
                             KA_USERAUTH_DOSETPAG,
                             pwd->pw_name,
                             0,
                             0,
                             password,
                             0,
                             0,
                             0,
                             &reason )

If that returns 0, they've authenticated.

There is some additional stuff if you want to use kerberos ticket files, but
I dont think it's necessary normally.

Otherwise, it's pretty much normal unix login.

--
Josh Wilmes  (wilmesj@jpl.nasa.gov)
Section 393, EIS Project