Re: /etc/usertty?

Alexei Nogin stands accused of saying:
>On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
>

>> Does anyone here know about /etc/usertty?  Has anyone written a module
>> to implement /etc/usertty policy, whatever that is?
>>
>I have written a module implementing /etc/login.access policy (I
>took it from Wietse Venema's logdaemon-5.6), an advanced variant of
>/etc/usertty, and sent it to Andrew Morgan.

Oh.  I did that for the BSD-PAM port, using the same code from the
FreeBSD login(1).  The (original) code is shockingly bad, but it
does appear to work 8)

>P.S. I think that this module should be integrated with pam_time module
>(it should be possible to put time limits in the first field).

I'm not so sure.  I think that keeping one ruleset per module will
discourage people from duplicating PAM functionality in the
modules themselves.

I can just imagine a combined "policy" module that enforces
things like login times, ttys, etc. requiring configuration
as to the service type/policy item combinations.

--
Mike Smith  Unix hardware collector  http://www.smith.net.au/~mike
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"