Re: pam_listfile is *buggy* (and a replacement)

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> Folks!  This is me again.  I'm sorry, but I'm afraid of bugs
> in PAM modules...  I tried to reimplement pam_unix, and pam_cracklib --
> after finding many bugs there.  Now it is pam_listfile, and
> now I have a replacement.  Original one is *buggy*!...

By coincidence, a colleague here in Durham asked me a few days ago if I
was still involved with Linux-PAM, because he had some possible patches
for some problems in "pam_listfile()".

Alas, he has just gone on holiday for a few days, and hasn't left me any
details at all.  But I'll give him the infomation in this email thread, so
that this activity can be coordinated.