Re: Can PAM be used to say if a user exists?

Mark Murray wrote:
> > Can PAM be used to say if a user exists (when a mail is received in that
> > case) or is only for authentication?
>
> With some module modification, there is room for it to work.
>
> (SAY) have a new option on the module "check_exists", and that causes
> the module to silently succeed if the relevant user exists. Then make
> that module/option combo requisite for your auth stack.

	This is a problem I am running into as well.
How would such an auth stack be constructed? That is,
what if I want to test for a user's existence, without
actually authenticating if the user does exist? I could
create a new module stack explicitly for this purpose,
but is this necessary?

Regards,
Chris