Re: Problem with PAM_LDAP and POP

Hi Anindya,

The probleam you are having, is related to many factors, one of them is a
misconfigured PAM pop file.

Make sure that your PAM pop file is like is:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
#auth       required /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so try_first_pass
account    sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so debug
#account    required /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so

This is a copy of my PAM pop file. If you use this file as it is, ONLY user's
registered on the LDAP server, may authenticate do the POP server using LDAP.
If you uncomment the 2 and 4 lines, users on the LDAP server and on local
files will gain access to the POP server thought PAM.

BTW, can you post your slapd.conf, nss_switch.conf and ldap.conf files, so we
can help you?

Regards,
Miguel