Re: [mituc@iasi.rdsnet.ro: pam limits drops privileges]

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 09:50:46AM +0200, Olaf Kirch wrote:
> Sounds strange to me... but I'm forwarding it here in case you
> haven't seen it yet.

Looking at it, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.  Most
modules which perform user or group lookups use the non-threaded
functions (getpwnam(), getgrnam(), etc.), which have to be screwing
with applications one way or another.

I'd suggest reworking most of them to use getpwnam_r and friends,
which appear to be standardized at least in SUSv2.

Comments?  I can start throwing together a jumbo patch for the current
tree at Sourceforge that does this.

Nalin