RE: Cannot Login After Installing PAM

Of course you could also reboot in single user mode, fix the pam config files
back to their original state and reboot to multiuser mode.

(I have learned to always keep a copy of my old pam configs when messing with
the settings)

On 27-Sep-2001 Ajay Agrawalla wrote:
> Well well..  If you have sshd running on yr box, then try using a ssh
> client to login to it.  I almost certain that the distribution of ssh u
> would have do not use PAM to login.  Then look at the log files(authlog,
> messages) to see what's going on.

Unless they changed the ssh pam config too.

--
John M. Trostel
Senior Software Engineer