Regarding PAM authentication failure

Nisha P Kurur nisha at lantana.tenet.res.in
Fri Dec 24 04:30:55 UTC 2004

Hi
We have a diskless client that access a dhcpd server.
Please note that the server runs FEDORA CORE 2.
We are able to startx as root. But when we startx
as user the following error occurs

Fatal server error:
PAM authentication failed, cannot start X server.
         Perhaps you do not have console ownership?

init:  Interrupted system call (errno 4):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  unexpected signal 2.

Note that we are able to login as user in the console
mode. This problem occurs when startx is executed.

Thanks in advance
Nisha & Lakshmi