PAM Limits (ulimit -n) causing problems on RedHat 8 Oracle 9

Eric Reischer emr at engr.de.psu.edu
Thu Jul 22 18:53:29 UTC 2004

You might want to check the /proc/sys/fs/file-max value; it has bit me in
the past.  When the kernel hits its file-max limit, it produces an error
message that sounds a lot like the one you mentioned.  Are you sure your
problem is with PAM?

Eric

Eric Reischer                                 emr at engr.de.psu.edu
"The most beautiful thing we can experience
is the mysterious."                    -- Albert Einstein