pam_radius + saslauthd + cyrus imapd

Joe Lewis joe at joe-lewis.com
Mon Jun 7 17:10:24 UTC 2004

After the :

   pam_radius_auth: Unable to open socket5: Success
   Jun  7 10:22:34 test saslauthd[16217]: pam_radius_auth: Not handling
   blank line: # server[:port] shared_secret      timeout (s)

That looks fine.  It means that the first line (a comment) is being
seen.  After that, you should get a line :

   Unable to open socket8: Success

in the logs, as well.  What I am looking for is to check after the

   Unable to open socket8: Success
   Unable to open socket10: Success

lines in the output, and THEN you might have :

   test saslauthd[16217]: pam_radius_auth: Not handling
   blank line:

lines.  You should have a LOT of these lines if we are in an endless
loop and the EOF on the fserver file handle are failing to return truth.
    It may be OS specific.  Perhaps add one more line :

   _pam_log(LOG_ERR, "feof(fserver): %d\n", feof(fserver));

Just inside the while loop.  Each pass should print the feof output (a
couple should return 0, and then you should get non-zero results).  If
these numbers match, the while loop should fail, and you will get a

   Unable to open socketAAA: Success

logged.  However, I don't think that is happening.  Perhaps a blank line
at the end of the /etc/raddb/servers may change how things work.  Try it
and tell me what happens on that.

Joe