/etc/passwd & /etc/shadow

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Thu Jun 24 17:09:29 UTC 2004

PAM is running as root, at least I get a UID and EUID of 0 when using
the get_(e)uid() function in a module I have been writting.

The next thing I want to do is to read in the contents of the
/etc/passwd & /etc/shadow files during the pam_sm_authenticate() process
so I may either add the user locally before mapping the ticket from a
successfull kerberos authentication

So far I am turning up nill on the subject, I am on SuSE 9.0.

Thanks,

--
Jason Gerfen

"...Sometimes I just yell at myself. And it
 makes me sad, sometimes I make myself cry..."
			~ My nephew Dawsyn