pam_console_apply segfault

N. Owen Gunden ogunden at phauna.org
Thu Mar 4 03:06:10 UTC 2004

Hi-

Apologies if this question has been asked recently, the search function
on the archives seems to be out of order.

Since I switched from devfs to udev, I've been having the following
problem:

# /sbin/pam_console_apply -r
getgrnam failed for usb
zsh: segmentation fault  pam_console_apply -r

I've tried stracing the command looking for why the "getgrnam failed for
usb" comes up, but I can't figure it out.  I noted that I don't have a
/dev/usb but making one doesn't help.  I also don't have a /proc/usb,
but I do have a /proc/bus/usb (did that change from 2.4 -> 2.6?).

Further system info:
PAM 0.77 compiled with gcc 3.3.3 and CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe".
Kernel 2.6.3.

TIA,
 - O