how to configure account lockout duration?

Christopher Hammond ChrisH at Navsys.com
Mon May 10 21:42:00 UTC 2004

hey, thanks for the info!
I searched pam_timeout in the archive for pam-list and yielded no
results...do you have a URL?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Gerfen [mailto:jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 2:43 PM
To: Pluggable Authentication Modules
Subject: Re: how to configure account lockout duration?

Christopher Hammond wrote:

>I am needing to be able to configure the amount of time that an account is
>locked after a certain number of failed attempts.
>
>I have been unable to find any relevant information.
>
>any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
>
>C. L. Hammond
>Engineer
>NAVSYS Corporation
>(719)481-4877 x 169
>chrish at navsys.com

I have never used this module but the pam_timeout is what alot of people
are using.  There are about 4 or 5 threads just before yours detailing
some useages and problems others have encountered.

HTH
Jas

--
Jason Gerfen
Student Computing Group
jason.Gerfen at scl.utah.edu

"whoa... you mean this isn't woodshop class?"
			~ cereal killer (as in fruit loops)
                          Hackers 1989