How to compile...

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Tue May 25 13:32:38 UTC 2004

Hello, I am fairly new to this list and have been attempting to learn
how to write PAM modules however the documentation on how to use the PAM
api is bit vague on how to compile the existing C.

I am using SuSE 9.0 and using Emacs to edit my first pam module.  The
string I am using to compile is as so...

gcc -o pam_test.so -libpam pam_test.c pam_test.h

The errors I am recieving are...

libpam not found.  I have made sure my header and source files are
located in the Linux-PAM.Y.XX/modules directory which is stated in the
documentation.  If anyone can give me some insight into this I would
apprecitate it.

--
Jason Gerfen

"...Sometimes I just yell at myself. And it
 makes me sad, sometimes I make myself cry..."
			~ My nephew Dawsyn