mod_auth_pam vs sshd login

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Oct 4 18:32:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> The problem appears to be that I'm using shadow passwords and Apache,
> running as user apache, can't access the shadow file. What's the canonical
> way to deal with this?

The usual way is to add the user the apache process runs as to a special
group which you give permission to read the file.

Do remember to ensure that only those sites that *must* have access to the
file are run in the apache process running as that user.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £21.50 / month