PAM modules violating PAM architecture?, e.g. mod_auth_pam

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Oct 7 07:02:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Jed Donnelley wrote:

> The bottom line is the way mod_auth_pam is coded, getpwnam and
> getrgnam must function for the users/groups that I want to authenticate
> from apache with mod_auth_pam.  For those functions to work for those
> users/groups the users/groups must appear as if they are in
> /etc/passwd and /etc/group - e.g. by use of lib_nss and nss_ldap.

This must be something either introduced in the 2.0 version or the way
you've implemented it.

I have mod_auth_pam for apache 1.3 authenticating users via pam_radius and
those users don't exist anywhere except on the radius server which is on
another box.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £21.50 / month