Re: PAM Authentication from GUI

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:04:18AM +0530, Utkal Ranjan wrote:
> Friends
>
> I'm new to Linux/Qt. I'm developing an GUI application using Qt 3.0. I want PAM authentication from my GUI application. I've tested the sample program that comes with the documentation of PAM and it works fine; prompting me for the password and authenticating me.
>
> But I want to use the GUI, a Qt from having two fields User Name & Password. When the user will click on the LOGIN button, the user should be authenticated using the PAM module.
>
> How can I implement that ????
> Thanx a lot for your help.....

I would suggest looking at the code for kdm and kscreensaver, both of
which use PAM, whilst doing their promping graphically.

beware though that at least kdm has a history of bad practice
regarding pam, particularly ignoring return codes of various
functions, thus creating security holes.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/