PAM Authentication from GUI

Nate Yocom nate.yocom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 13:24:52 UTC 2004

While looking at existing projects may work well for you, may I also
humbly point you to "The Definitive Guide to Linux Network
Programming" by Davis, Turner and myself (Yocom), ISBN 1590593227,
published by Apress and available from Amazon and other book sellers.
Despite the title, Included in this text is an entire section on
creating a PAM aware application to do just the kind of thing you want
to do - including the creation of the conversation function and how to
provide a username and password in a promptless manner to PAM.

Thank you,
Nathan Yocom