passwdqc

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Fri Sep 24 19:58:04 UTC 2004

Terry,

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 01:52:46PM -0700, Terry Orgill wrote:
> Thanks for the tip on passwdqc.  It's prompting for the existing password which is fine, and prompts for the new password twice, which is also fine, but it then prompts for the new UNIX password twice as well.  How can I get it to just prompt twice for the new password?

Noone will be able to answer your question without you providing a
copy of your edited PAM configuration file (/etc/pam.conf or
/etc/pam.d/passwd or whatever) and information on your operating
system and its revision.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598