Local address from PAM module?

Jason DiCioccio geniusj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:25:59 UTC 2004

Greetings.
  I am dabbling for the first time in the PAM API, and have
encountered a bump in the what has otherwise been smooth road.  I am
writing a module that needs to check the local address that a user is
connecting to in order to determine where to look next for its
information.  It is basically a virtual hosting type setup.  My
question is, how can I obtain this information, if at all, from my
module?  I would like this to be compatible with most things that
already use pam without me having to patch them to do a pam_set_item()
call.  Is this possible?

  Thanks in advance!
  Jason DiCioccio