Where I can trace PAM error log

Rocky Zhang rocky at userful.com
Thu Apr 28 16:33:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am using Fedora Core 3 (kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp, pam-0.77-66.2). I
slightly changed something in X. It seems the pam_console.so never be
executed. I checked /var/run/console/ directory, it's empty there. If I
maneully add console.locks, where add a test user name, then use
"pam_concole_apply" command, it seems works.

Here is the content of /etc/pam.d/gdm:

"#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_env.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     pam_console.so"

Where can I trace the pam_console.so run successfully or not? I'd like
to find what's the problem. How the system identify which terminal is
console and know which user is in the console?

Thanks.

Rocky