about pam_radius_auth.so module

Mutthu Raj mutthuraj at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 18:22:03 UTC 2005

 If I have a Radius client setup on a RHEL 4.0 linux
with pam_auth_radius module
 active for telnet/ssh service, do I need to create a
linux user (with no passwd) that
 is same as the Radius user for this authentication to
work?
 This is assuming "sufficient" control flag for
pam_radius_auth as the very first
 entry in the related service files under /etc/pam.d
dir.

 I know that this is true for older versions of
pam_auth_radius. But, by looking at
 the latest code, looks like we don't need to
duplicate the radius user creation on the client m/c.

In short, am looking for ways to do Radius
authentication from a Radius client without creating
any linux user account on the Radius client machine
but on the Radius server only.

thanks
raj