Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Linux-PAM 0.99.1.0 BETA release

On Wed, Sep 28, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> * Thorsten Kukuk
>
> | * pam_umask: New module for setting umask from GECOS field,
> | /etc/login.defs or /etc/default/login
>
> It would be nice if you actually implemented the same set of semantics
> as which are in the pam-umask module by me and has been around for the
> better part of a year.
>
> Also note that /etc/login.defs is a file provided by shadow and the
> umask setting is going to go away from there as soon as there is
> satisfactory support in pam itself.

The umask setting itself has nothing to do with support in PAM
itself. Every piece of software supporting that needs a config file
from where it gets the value, and currently the value is there
and the module honours that.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk         http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/      kukuk suse de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH       Maxfeldstr. 5       D-90409 Nuernberg