Linux-PAM 0.99.5.0 released

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Wed Jun 28 14:17:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

The Linux-PAM developement team is pleased to announce the release
of version 0.99.5.0.

This time there are again a lot of changes. In short, we have now
manual pages for nearly all PAM functions and modules and have two new
PAM modules: pam_keyinit and pam_namespace.
We declare the old pam_rhosts_auth module for deprecated, instead there
is a new pam_rhosts module, which uses the rootok() functions from libc.
Since the old module was a modified copy of the rootok() function from
BSD, the advantage is that we support now IPv6, too, and don't need to
care about porting security fix. We are not sure if the old code is really
uptodate and contains all security fixes. I even doubt that.

Release 0.99.5.0

* pam_tally: Fix support for large UIDs
* Fixed all problems found by Coverity
* Add support for Intel C Compiler
* Add manual page for pam_mkhomedir, pam_umask, pam_filter,
  pam_issue, pam_ftp, pam_group, pam_lastlog, pam_listfile,
  pam_localuser, pam_mail, pam_motd, pam_nologin, pam_permit,
  pam_rootok, pam_securetty, pam_shells, pam_userdb, pam_warn,
  pam_time, pam_limits, pam_debug, pam_tally
* The libpam memory debug code was removed
* pam_keyinit: New module to initialise kernel session keyring.
* pam_namespace: New module to configure private namespace for a session.
* pam_rhosts: New module which replaces pam_rhosts_auth, now IPv6 capable.
* pam_rhosts_auth: This module is now deprecated.

 Your Linux-PAM development team

Thorsten Kukuk         http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/      kukuk at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH       Maxfeldstr. 5       D-90409 Nuernberg