Pam on FC5 klog problem

Peter M. Metcalf pmetcalf at nd.edu
Tue May 9 13:36:30 UTC 2006

I've have 3 different PCs running FC4 or FC5.  All are mounting
OPENAFS.  Of course I use pam to authenticate.

My problem, if I am logging in from a remote machine via SSHD I have to
"klog" after I am authenticated to get a token.  If I log in locally on any
of those machines I get a token every time.

My GDM and SSHD pam files are a match.
I'm assuming that I am missing something in the SSHD string of events that
happen when I use that method to connect.

Again, no matter which way I go,  I get authenticated.....just do not get a
token from a SSHD attempt without using klog after logging in.

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_afs.krb.so try_first_pass ignore_root
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_console.so

Pete