Redhat problem

Bernard Leak thisisnotapipe at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 03:38:53 UTC 2007

Dear List,

              I. Sanjuraasen is having no fun at all... he wrote

>i have a problem with the linux redhat.

Not half!  Was it once working, or is it a new installation?

As far as I can see, the PAMs are being searched for in
the right place ( /lib/security/ ), but they just aren't there
("No such file...").  All of those listed are standard and
should be present.  It shouldn't be a mount-point problem
(if /lib/security is not in the root file-system, you are in
all sorts of trouble).

>or Do i need to reinstall pam rpm packages or not?

It looks like you must.

Either some large random damage has hit your file-system,
or something equally bad.  Have you any idea what might
have removed those files?  Re-installing and waiting for it
to happen again isn't a good prospect.

What IS in your /lib/security, anyway?

Bernard Leak (not a PAM expert, but I know Big Trouble
when I see it...)