pam_loginuid.so question

Zachary Shay zachary.shay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:25:48 UTC 2007

I understand that this module is used to set the uid of a session.  The
man page for pam_loginuid.so has led me to believe...when a user logs
onto a system utilizing this module, everything in the session will have
that user's uid tag'd in the auid field.  What syscall should I look for
while creating an audit rule to track session creation?  A few google
searches have shown a setauid syscall for bsd and sysV, but my personal
copy of syscall.h only shows a setuid syscall.

Thanks in advance,
Zach