RLIMIT_NICE xtests

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Thu Sep 27 10:20:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, Julien Lecomte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using the latest pam, I'm getting a 'RLIMIT_NICE' error on
> tst-pam_limits1.c on my LinuxFromScratch-6.2 system.
>
> I've grep'ed all my includes, but didn't find any relative defines and
> then found out that my headers are from a 2.6.12 kernel which should be
> the reason why this define doesn't exist.
>
> Maybe a check to see if this define exists, and avoid to the test in
> case of an older kernel would be nice.

This define is not coming from kernel, bug glibc. So your glibc
is older, too.

I have added a compile check, if glibc provides this define.
But this does not solve the problem, that I have no chance to
check if the kernel itself supports this. So with a newer glibc
you will not see a compile failure, but a test failure.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)