pam module that allows users to write their own configuration

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Fri May 23 17:33:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 17:28 +0200, Frankie Boy wrote:
> Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

I agree with Thorsten that it is not a good idea at all. Note that the
modules will run under root account and many of the modules (although
rather session modules than auth modules) do things which if setup wrong
or even with malicious intentions can do even other bad things to other
accounts than that one of the user which set this up. This could be
fixed by changing to the uid of the user before calling the user
configured PAM stack but there is still a big potential for problems
anyway.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb