PAMifying my system

Dennis Leeuw dleeuw at made-it.com
Thu Nov 26 12:54:45 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The last couple of days I have been working on PAMifying as much as I
could on a test system. Meanwhile I documented everything I did and
could find. Next to a PAMyfied system, I needed to add LDAP and Kerberos
support. This all seems to mostly work now on our CentOS 5.4 system.

I borrowed heavily from Debian, Red Hat and Centos to put together a
generic "login service" file that can be used by login and sshd. And
since I am probably not the only one trying this I thought it might be a
good idea to have some peer review and come up with an even better variant.

The document with the different examples is available from:
http://pig.made-it.com/pam.html

The document is a first version, so any comments or suggestions are
highly appreciated.

With kind regards,

Dennis Leeuw