authenticaton error

Luca Stancapiano l.stancapiano at sourcesense.com
Sun Apr 18 13:02:28 UTC 2010

Hi..I use Fedora 12 with mod_auth_pam-1.1.1-9.fc12.i686

I'm configuring auth_pam module to make authentication by system. This is my
configuration:

conf.d/auth.pam.conf

LoadModule auth_pam_module modules/mod_auth_pam.so
LoadModule auth_sys_group_module modules/mod_auth_sys_group.so

I test the configuration through the subversion apache module. Subversion in
apache httpd is configure so:

conf.d/subversion.conf

<Location /repos>
   DAV svn
   SVNParentPath /var/www/svn

   # Limit write permission to list of valid users.
   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
      # Require SSL connection for password protection.
      SSLRequireSSL

      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Authorization Realm"
      AuthPAM_Enabled On
      Require valid-user
   </LimitExcept>
</Location>

when I try to connect through svn/http simply I have this error in maillog
file:

[Fri Mar 18 13:58:50 2011] [error] [client 'ip_address'] PAM: user 'my_user'
- not authenticated: System error

what I miss?