httpd authentication

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Dec 29 09:33:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> In that I can't find any distro that includes it; it was dropped from
> Debian in 2009 due to being unmaintained.

That does not mean it is out of date or doesn't work.

Even a cursory googling for mod_auth_pam returns an article suggesting
mod_auth_external to replace it in all apache versions.

http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-external/

> Which httpd do you want to authenticate against?
>
> I'm authenticating against a service-subscription website.  They use http
> authentication.  As long as a user is paid up, they can log in.  If not,
> they're redirected to the payment portal.

None of that is pam specific.

Also when I asked which httpd I was asking which daemon you are using - ie
apache,  lighttpd, etc.